Legends: The secret passages of Puebla.

Legend has it that they were built by the French during the invasion of Mexico between 1862 and 1867, but others say that they already existed before their arrival.


According to the stories, the tunnels connect to each other from the Cathedral to various points such as the Convent of Carmen; a second tunnel goes to Cerro de San Juan, passing through the Convent Saint Augustine and arriving at the Church of Heaven; a third towards the Convent of San Antonio and the convent of Nuestra Señora de la Merced, until reaching Cerro de Loreto. Another one that left the old convent of San Francisco, passing through the Casa de los Muñecos and arriving at the Colegio del Espíritu Santo and the Casona that belonged to «who killed the Animal».

And just as in some European cities in #puebla some of these tunnels are open to be visited by tourists.

Follow @cabrera_heidi INSTAGRAM

About the Author
Revista Encuadre 2020 (portal) | Journal Encuadre 2020 (magazine)

Leave a Reply

*